pass [pɑːs] v. 通过；行进；传递；超过；流逝；消磨；放弃；离世
1. The road was so narrow that cars were unable to pass.
2. The procession passed slowly along the street.
3. Pass the dish, please.
4. He passed the ball to Owen.
5. On his death, the title passed to his eldest son.
6. Unemployment has now passed the three million mark .
7. Six months passed and we still had no news of them.
8. We sang songs to pass the time .
9. They waited for the storm to pass.
10. She hasn't passed her driving test yet.
11. Thanks. I'm going to pass on dessert, if you don't mind.
12. His mother passed away last year.